CAN YOU RECOGNIZE THE SIGNS?

Does Your Home Have Damage?

Mold and water damage are clear signs that your home either has a plumbing problem or other water intrusion issue. The sooner these are identified and addressed, the better chance you have of minimizing repair costs. To avoid incurring unnecessary expenses, do a cursory walk through of the interior of your home.Knowing what to look for is important in identifying problem areas.

Main areas to inspect are the ceilings, walls, cabinets, flooring and baseboards:

  • inside bathroom and kitchen sink cabinets
  • around the base of and behind toilets
  • around showers and tubs
  • above and beneath your water heater unit
  • near dishwashers, refrigerators and washing machines
  • directly below windows and around sliding glass doors
  • near chimneys and fireplaces
  • around air conditioning units

How Do You Know If Your Home Has Mold?

 Allergy-Like Symptoms Caused By Mold

 

Many people suffer from seasonal allergies at certain times of the year and others have severe allergies that are experienced year round. If you suffer physical allergy-like symptoms over a prolonged period of time, this may indicate you have been exposed to mold or that you have mold in your home. Here are common symptoms associated with exposure to mold:

  • nose bleeds
  • allergy-like symptoms
  • coughing
  • throat irritation
  • eye or skin irritation
  • vomiting
  • headaches
  • nausea
  • respiratory problems

The color of mold can vary along with its appearance so don’t assume you don’t have mold if you aren’t sure. If you have any physical symptoms and suspect you do have mold in your home, professional testing labs can confirm if you do have elevated mold spores and determine the types of mold in your home.

Mold testing kits sold at hardware stores are unreliable as they will often grow mold spores but do not necessarily indicate that you have elevated mold spore count levels to be concerned about in your home. Mold can grow mold in any environment. Mold is everywhere – inside and outside your home. It is only when mold spore counts are elevated after moisture is introduced into the environment that breathing mold spores becomes a concern to our health.

Some people have a higher sensitivity to mold and exposure to mold can result in death so it is important to eliminate exposure to a toxic mold environment if at all possible for:

  • Infants
  • Elderly
  • Immune-Compromised Individuals

 

MOLD FACTS:

  • Exposure to mold can be fatal
  • Mold is not uncommon
  • Mold is everywhere
  • Spraying any cleaning chemical, including bleach, on visible mold to clean it makes mold spores airborne and able to be breathed into our lungs.

 

Rather than attempting to clean mold on your own and putting your health at risk, rely on specialty contractors that are certified to remove mold properly. After professional mold remediation, cleaning of mold or mold removal is done, it is recommended that a Mold Clearance Test be done to ensure mold spore counts are at an acceptable level for your home.

In the event you suspect you have mold in your home or building, call SOS for HELP 24/7. SOS will schedule contractors for you that have already been verified and vetted and are certified and trained in the proper way to remove mold. SOS Solutions will also oversee your mold removal project for you, for FREE, to make sure proper procedures are followed to protect your health. Many of SOS’ contractors are also approved vendors with insurance companies so you have additional peace of mind in using SOS’ Emergency Restoration Service Network. (www.TrustSOS.Solutions)

Get Help Now
Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial
error

If you found this helpful, please help us spread the word :)

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn
  • INSTAGRAM
  • SOCIALICON