Ebook – How to Survive the Financial Impact of Smoke and Fire Damage
A Quick Read Guide to minimize stress and maximize recovery by gaining a better understanding of the insurance claim and contractor repair process after your home and property suffer damage:
- Get a better understanding of what Fire Insurance Policies cover
- Learn how an insurance claim is adjusted
- What to expect from the insurance claim process
- How to document your insurance claim to maximize your recovery
- Which expenses does Fire Insurance cover? (ie. housing, hotel stay, relocating & boarding pets, meals, laundry, mileage, increase in utilities, etc.)
- How to claim additional money owed you for your damages
- What options are available if you are not happy with your insurance settlement
- What is a Public Adjuster & what is their role?
- How to hire an Insurance Appraiser to negotiate your insurance settlement
- How to hire a contractor you can trust
- How to avoid contractor scams
- What is the most you should pay a contractor to start work?
- How to read and understand a contract before you sign one
- What options do you have if problems arise with a contractor or their work?
- What to expect during the repair process after hiring a contractor
- How to get rid of smoke odor
- How to properly remove soot and fire damage from your home and property
- How to avoid contamination if your home has asbestos or lead
- What is Foscheck slurry and how to prevent permanently stains to your property
- Free resources for fire victims
- Resources for hiring contractors, checking contractor license status, insurance claim requirements, fire safety & prevention tips
Read only the chapters that matter most to you.
View the book’s Table of Contents for a summary of the information and the number of pages included in each chapter.